Book Title: Educational Leadership and Technology: Preparing School Administrators for a Digital Age
Release Date: 2013-02-08
Author: Virginia E. Garland
Providing models of exemplary use and the latest research, Educational Leadership and Technology reveals the transformational power of emerging technologies to improve student learning, and explores how leaders can bring about this technology integration. This book provides an overview of roles and strategies expected of effective school leaders, as well as some of the complex issues they face. Authors Garland and Tadeja offer a critical analysis of today’s emerging technology, while also addressing the need for collaborative efforts of parents, community, and students to implement technologies effectively.
Special Features Include:
- Full integration of National Technology Standards for Administrators (NETS.A) and the National Education Technology Plan (NETP).
- Leader reflections from practicing school administrators that provide context of real-world scenarios.
- "Tips for School Leaders" and end-of-chapter questions that encourage student engagement with the text.
- "School Administrator’s Technology Leadership Self-Assessment," a unique and impartial survey in each chapter with self-scoring guide that helps readers determine their technology use and readiness for implementation.
- A robust companion website with PowerPoint Slides, strategies, and links to website and video resources which will reflect changes in technology, policy, and practice.
- Discussion of the newest and emerging technologies, including Cloudware, social media, virtual manipulatives, and e-games.
Educational Leadership and Technology is an important resource for new and aspiring elementary, middle, and high school principals as well as superintendents and technology coordinators.