Book Title: Squashed Possums: Off the beaten track in New Zealand
Release Date: 2015-03-03
Author: Jonathan Tindale
- New Zealand Stories: Mansfield Selections
- Come on Shore and We Will Kill and Eat You All: A New Zealand Story
- Driving New Zealand (Bucket Adventure Guides Book 3)
- New Zealand Travel Guide: Typical Costs, Weather & Climate, Visas & Immigration, How To Pack, Food, Hiking, Cycling, Top Things To See And Do And The Best Sights
- New Zealand Travel Guide: 101 Coolest Things to Do in New Zealand (Auckland, Wellington, Canterbury, Christchurch, Queenstown, Travel to New Zealand, Budget Travel New Zealand, )
- Fresh Eggs and Dog Beds: Living the Dream in Rural Ireland
- Tschiffely’s Ride: Ten Thousand Miles in the Saddle from Southern Cross to Pole Star
- The Complete History of New Zealand (in less than two hours)
- The Zealand Tale
- The Nepali Flat
Bill Bryson, author of Notes from a Small Island "Terrific"
2016 Award Finalist - Travel Non-Fiction - Readers' Favorite Awards
Ten years after returning from the New Zealand outback, Jon receives a mysterious manuscript in the post. Narrated by Jon's former home, the lone caravan, Squashed Possums reveals what it's like to live in the wild through four seasons, including New Zealand's coldest winter in decades.
Dr Jock Phillips, NZ historian and author “I thoroughly enjoyed it! What an interesting story” Giles Milton, author of White Gold and Nathaniels Nutmeg “The caravan narrator – yes, a first. May it sell in the millions”
Discover how Jon finds himself reversing off the edge of a cliff, meet the Maori chef who survived 9/11, the pioneers who paved the way, and catch sight of the elusive kiwi bird. Encounter hedgehogs that fly, possums that scream, and perhaps most importantly, the lone caravan with a story to tell...